Poetry in Motion Sickness

Poetry in Motion Sickness- Follow me in the pursuit of my dream. Its not pretty, its not glamorous, its not fair, its Hollywood. Read about my crazy journey and laugh with me about the speed bumps along the way. I hope driving doesn't make you nauseous!!!!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bliss Part Deux

Sorry to keep you all waiting so long. I think I've absorbed my experience on Sunday enough now to effectively blog about it.

In case you haven't yet read my previous post, on Sunday, I shot a short film called, "Bliss." The purpose of this short film was to have something for the creative team to pitch to potential investors. If investors are impressed, they will then fund a full feature length version (by feature length, I mean 90min-type movie). If there is funding for a feature length, it normally means there will be money to pay actors and so forth.

As I suspected it would be, the experience was wonderful. Much of the script was meant to be filled out and embellished by the actors. When a writer/director is willing to relinquish that much control, it displays a great deal of trust. As an actress, I have such gratitude for any writer who believes in me that much. It gives me the confidence to do my best work.

The majority of the shoot took place around a dinner table. It was an unscripted scene where all the actors ate, drank and chatted completely in character. This is what I live for!!!!! Remember when you were a kid and you could spend an entire afternoon pretending to be someone else. Remember how free you felt, well that's how this felt for me. It was so amazing to look around the table and know that we were all in on it. No matter what was coming out of our mouths, positive or negative, there was the underlying joy of playtime. I highly recommend it. My hubby and I have been struggling for so long, I almost forgot I knew how. After years of doing exactly what some employer, director, government told me to do, there I was creating, playing, improvising and breaking rules. Hallelujah!!!! It felt so good.

I know I said we were all in on it, that's not entirely true. There were some extras (friends of the director who wanted to be in the background of the film) who had no idea what we were doing. They were clearly so confused that, eventually, we had to break out of character and explain. It was kind of hilarious to see the looks on their faces... Mean but hilarious.

I'm back to the "real world" tomorrow. Heading back up to LA for an audition for a cell phone provider. Think good thoughts, pray, chant, what ever it is you do, do that for me tomorrow. I could really use a good pay check friends. Couldn't we all!

My product of the day today is my favorite game. Along the lines of playing, I thought it appropriate to recommend a way of doing just that. The rules of this game are simple yet, depending on who you play with, can be very complex!!!! Everyone I've ever met, who knows this game, loves it!!! Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment