Poetry in Motion Sickness

Poetry in Motion Sickness- Follow me in the pursuit of my dream. Its not pretty, its not glamorous, its not fair, its Hollywood. Read about my crazy journey and laugh with me about the speed bumps along the way. I hope driving doesn't make you nauseous!!!!

Monday, November 23, 2009

This Past Week

Okay, lets get down to the nitty-gritty! This last week was one of the worst audition weeks I've had in a really long time. On a positive note, I actually had auditions...

The first two auditions were on Wednesday. I left work early to head to an audition for a print ad. The company shall remain nameless (as will all companies a speak of in these here blogs). I'll just say that it was for a large company that provides products for animals. We had to pose for pics with an actual, live, non-model dog. I have to say, that dog was totally unprofessional. I guess no one told him that its considered rude to ignore your fellow actor and then hit them in the face with your nose... Needless to say, it didn't go well.

Next up, later that night, I had an audition here in San Diego for a short film. I showed up to the freezing casting studio where they promptly ushered us to another "area" where we could "relax" and run our lines. Turns out the "area" was actually outside... Yes I live in San Diego, but at night, its friggin cold!!!! What the shell? Fortunately, I got to read first. It seems that the crappier the production, the crappier people treat you. I walked into the room and was introduced to the team by the monitor... the team continued to talk amongst themselves without so much as looking up... nice. At this point, I completely stopped caring about doing well, and began concentrating on getting it over with.

The next day I had a super exciting prospect. Long long story short, I'd turned down a callback for beer campaign because I thought it was trashy (girl on girl spin the bottle, and lap-dancing). I get a call from my agent telling me that they really really want to see me. Apparently, it had gone to the director and they had changed the script. Wow, I thought! $30,000 and a trip to Chile? I'm in! So I agreed to go to the callback...
I drive all the way to LA in my shaky-mobile, arrive at the audition to learn that the script is exactly the same as before. I'm proud to say, I was professional and courteous, but stood up for myself and left... then cried the whole way home.

Had another one yesterday, a short film, it sucked too... I won't bore you with details, just run-of-the-mill bad. Hopefully, I'll have better news soon. At least the week was eventful!

No comments:

Post a Comment