Poetry in Motion Sickness

Poetry in Motion Sickness- Follow me in the pursuit of my dream. Its not pretty, its not glamorous, its not fair, its Hollywood. Read about my crazy journey and laugh with me about the speed bumps along the way. I hope driving doesn't make you nauseous!!!!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Charactahs

My Sunday is boring!!!! Normally, I don't mind a slow day. My Saturday, however, also felt like a Sunday, and now Sunday feels like Sunday too. You catch my drift.

I decided to do some "work." In my field, work seems more like play. I've started to develope some of the characters I've had in my head for quite some time. There's Janelle James, the misunderstood stripper/"clothing removal artist" who doesn't understand why people don't appreciate her brand of striptease. Why wouldn't a group of men want to see a woman simultaneously stripping and interpretive-dancing the birthing process from start to finish? Or, perhaps a demonstration of the pain and frustration felt by the Aboriginal Tribes of Australia through dancing and disrobing. Then, there's Judy Bardwick, an elderly lady both terrified and riveted by modern technology. The mere act of leaving a voice mail can take an exhausting and exhilarating afternoon's work. She can't seem to leave that voicemail without meticulously spelling out her first and last name numerous times and then proceeding to talk to the end of the phone long after the machine has cut her off. More ideas anyone? My parents are so gonna regret giving me that video camera. YouTube, here I come!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment