Poetry in Motion Sickness

Poetry in Motion Sickness- Follow me in the pursuit of my dream. Its not pretty, its not glamorous, its not fair, its Hollywood. Read about my crazy journey and laugh with me about the speed bumps along the way. I hope driving doesn't make you nauseous!!!!

Friday, April 30, 2010

The Meeting of the Minds

Yesterday's meeting went well... That's all I can really say about it. Nothing concrete. As I predicted yesterday, it fell slap bang in the middle (a position that's uncomfortably comfortable for me). I met with my commercial agent, as I knew I would and then, after much waiting around, the head honcho was ready to see me. She opened the meeting by pinching the bridge of her nose and sighing. She then peered over the top of her bifocal lenses and asked me, "do you ever have those days where absolutely everything and everyone irritates the hell out of you?" Not a good sign y'all! I nervously joked that I felt like that every other day, hormones ya know. She actually laughed and by a few mins in, I had her happily chatting away. Phew! It was clear to me, right away, that today was not the day to ask for anything. Instead, I decided, today I would make her love me. I think it worked. Time will tell. I keep trying to remember to just be myself and continue to put good vibes out there. Hopefully the good karma will come on back my way. Needless to say, there were no offers made on her part and no demands on mine. We just had a nice conversation. I hopped in my car and drove on home.

During my ride home, I thought about my product of the day. Although I do enjoy making silly jokes via awkward product placement, I do think I should be a responsible blogger. Its not just about making money. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to be in it for the money, but so far, nahda, so I may as well pimp things I actually believe in. So I asked myself, what was the best book I ever read about acting/auditioning? That's not a difficult question to answer. By far and away, the best book I've ever read about acting is Audition by Michael Shurtleff. Even though its slightly dated, good advise is timeless. In fact, I should probably re-read it. To any young actor out there who needs to be brought back down to earth, this is the read for you.

So that's it for now my friends. I have a rehearsal and a shoot lined up for this weekend. The best part about that is, I'll be able to update my resume for the first time in about a year!!!! Oh happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment